If you’re like us, you want to get up and running as fast as possible. Here’s what you do:
- Install the plug-ins. You'll get both BarcodeMaker and PatternMaker. PatternMaker is the free plug-in that is BarcodeMaker's user interface. The barcodes all appear in PatternMaker's list of patterns.
A 20-day trial of PatternPack is also included. PatternPack adds 13 graphic design patterns to PatternMaker.
- Launch InDesign and open a document
- Select a frame. A frame must be selected to be able to apply a pattern.
- If you don’t see the PatternMaker palette, select Window > PatternMaker.
- Choose a barcode or pattern from the palette’s popup menu and click the Apply Pattern button.
Here's how the PatternMaker palette can change depending on what barcode is applied. UPC-E on the left, DataMatrix on the right
- Now experiment with the various options in the palette. Each time you make a change, the pattern will update on the page.