- Installing Your Teacup Plug-ins
- Uninstalling your Teacup Plug-ins
- Activation codes - "old style" and "new style"
- Entering Proxy information
- Deactivating your Teacup Plug-in
- Managing your activations online
- Managing your subscription
Installing Your Teacup Plug-ins
To install your Teacup plug-in, simply double click on the installer and it will install the plug-ins, documentation and support files (including this documentation file) into your InDesign > Plug-ins folder, under a folder called “Teacup”.
Uninstalling your Teacup Plug-ins
To uninstall your plug-ins, delete the "Teacup" folder from the InDesign > Plug-Ins directory..
Activation codes - "old style" and "new style"
When you purchase a Teacup plug-in, you are sent either an activation code, or an activation code and password that you then use to activate the demo version to be the full working version.
Before March of 2016, we sent out activation codes that were 35 characters long, and had characters and numbers. We'll call these the "Old style" activation codes.
After March of 2016, we sent out an activation code that's just a number, and a password. We'll call these "New style" activation codes.
The activation dialog
- There are two ways to start the activation process
- From the plug-in’s splash screen, you can press the “Activate” button
- From the Help > About Plug-Ins menu (Win) or InDesign > About Plug-Ins menu (Mac), select Teacup > [plug-in name] > Activate
- A dialog will appear that has two sections to it. In the first section, you enter your activation key. In the second step, you click “Activate Automatically.”
- If you have a new style activation code, you'll now be prompted for a password.
Entering Proxy information
The password dialog after you press the "Show Proxy Settings" button
If you have a new style activation code, you can enter your Proxy IP address, user name, and password in the password dialog, after you click on Activate Automatically. Just click on the "Show Proxy Settings" button in the password dialog and enter your information.
Deactivating your Teacup Plug-in
If you want to move your plug-in from one machine to another one, you need to first deactivate the machine you have already activated. To do this, go under Help > Deactivate Teacup Plug-in and select the plug-in you would like to deactivate.
Managing your activations online
If you have a "new style" activation code, you can manage your activations online by going to this link.
Once you've logged in, follow these steps to see your specific activations:
- Click "Licenses and Activations"
- Click your license ID number
- Click "Manage Installations"
- Find the machine you want to deactivate (the machine name is included in the list) and click the red X to deactivate it.
If you have an "old style" activation code, you can't manage your activation online.
Managing your subscription
If you have an "old style" activation code, you can manage your subscription here. You'll need your order number and email address.
If you havea "new style" activation code, you were sent a unique URL with your receipt that allows you to manage your subscription. If you can't find it, you can contact support to request it.