DataLinker allows you to create barcodes from data in a database. Let's say you have a field "BarcodeISBN" that you want to flow into your document as a barcode. Here's what you do:
- Show the DataLinker palette.
- Right click on the "BarcodeISBN" field and choose "Edit field"
- In the "Field Options" dialog, under Data Type, choose "barcode".
- See this link for more information on filling in the "Field Options" dialog after you've set it to barcode.
- Once you define a field as a barcode, DataLinker will work with BarcodeMaker to create a barcode from the database data. You can also link multiple fields to the same barcode.